As always, a super big thanks to Nicole at madebynicole.blogspot.com for her awesome tute.
(My comments and notes will show in parenthesis)
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper - anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
(I used book pages as well-mine had pictures...lol)
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
(I used a 2 1/2" paper punch-too lazy to cut circle's, and my free form circles usually look more like eggs)
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you're done it should look like this
|(My spokes were not great, but they worked!)|
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won't fluff if they're stuck together
|(My pile of petals)|
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you're done it should look like this:
8. Don't panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it'll be okay.
|(My fat little hand crushing away)|
9. Now do it again a few times
|(This isn't too hard...)|
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we're not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this - no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
(As you can see, Nicole's tutorial is fabulous. I followed her directions and took the same types of photo's and by dang it worked!!)
(This is my flower, with a button placed in the center. It's not completed because I still need to add the thread to the button, but you get the drift, right?)
HERE IS A PHOTO WITH SOME OF THE FLOWERS NICOLE HAS MADE...BE SURE TO CHECK OUT HER BLOG POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COLOR YOUR FLOWERS, AND GREAT IDEA'S AND USE'S FOR THESE ADORABLE FLOWERS!!!