Tuesday, June 14, 2011

~Chocolate Emergency Kit~

I first got the idea for my Chocolate Emergency Kit when I saw the adorable chocolate emergency valentine craft on Making Memories With Your Kids blog.  This blog has truly fun, creative and cute crafts and food recipes~ you should stop by and browse there!
My little emergency kit is very simple and quick to make. Although I would love to have a done something more elaborate with far more creative and beautiful embellishments, my time and talent just doesn't allow...I have no talent for matching colors and figuring out super cute embellished designs.  This is why my little gift is super fast and easy! 
 Here is a list of supplies you will need;
~1 can Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
~1- 8 1/2" x 11" or 12" x 12" patterned scrapbook paper
~Double sided tape or double sided tacky strip
~16" of  ribbon
~8" of ribbon in a different color
~Small pieces of scrap paper in colors that 
coordinate with your patterned paper
~A plastic spoon
~A small strip of paper with the words 
"In case of emergency... pop top!" printed or written on it.
~Paper trimmer
~Scissors
Using your paper trimmer, cut a 3 1/2" x 10" strip of paper from your patterned paper.

Place a piece of your double sided tape or tacky strip on each end of the paper strip.
Attach one end of the paper to the can (I lined my paper up with the labels own seem so that my paper would be straight).  Simply roll the paper around the can and seal down.



I made 3 of these "kits" for some girlfriends so I used a slightly different paper for each one, and chose different color ribbon for each one.  My color choices were a bit lame, but I ran with what I had on hand.
From here it's simply a no-brainer.  Make your tag by gluing layers of coordinating paper together, and punching a hole on one end for the ribbon to slip through.
Tie the larger piece of ribbon around the can in a half knot. place the handle of the spoon over the crossed ribbon and then tie the ribbon over the spoon in a simple knot (not a bow ).  Trim ends to your desired length.
Slip the smaller piece of ribbon under the knot of the larger ribbon, attach the tag, then tie into a bow. Trim ends and your finished!


This is so simple I feel foolish writing this post up as a tutorial!  Anyway, I hope this gives you some inspiration to improve on...HAVE FUN!

No comments: